Class A Truck Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Class A Truck Driver to join our team.
- Attends Safety and other training meetings as required;
- Collects and takes back to the plant any documentation on materials received and delivered;
- Reports and job-related accidents and/or injuries to designated plant and Corporate personnel;
- Pulls up next to ground storage to get vehicle loads, and to scale house to sign load tickets;
- Washes off assigned vehicle at designated plant location;
- Visually inspects trailers to check for the appropriate levels aggregates have been loaded onto them;
- Checks the plant telephone recording to ascertain work assignments and plant reporting times on a daily basis;
- Enters trips’ starting and ending times and meal breaks taken on driver’s log;
- Continuously checks to ensure the smooth offloading of aggregates at designated area;
- Maintains accurate work and driving records;
- Delivers assigned loads of aggregates to designated Company’s plants;
- Possess a ‘SAFETY FIRST” approach and attitude to daily responsibilities;
- Assist at branches in the loading and unloading of all material delivered or product considered “branch returns”;
- Multi Stop, Cartons, lift gate and 2 wheel hand truck deliveries;
- Willing to work a 4-6 day work week/ 3-5 am start time .
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs;
- CDL CLASS ‘A” License and HAZMAT endorsement required;
- Must be flexible to different daily start and finish times and be willing to work overtime if requested;
- Ability to work in the warehouse in any position requested during “down-time” period;
- Provide an extremely high level of customer service and courteousness at all times;
- Must possess a good driving record.