The Car Washer/Detailer may require a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Cleans interiors and exteriors of transportation vehicles such as airplanes, automobiles, buses, railroad cars, and streetcars. Being a Car Washer/Detailer relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. In addition, Car Washer/Detailer performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Detailer/Car Washer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Detailer/Car Washer to join our team.
- Directly report any damage to the supervising manager in a clear and timely fashion;
- Inspect finished products to ensure the highest quality service;
- Maintain proper function of all service tools and equipment;
- Maintain excellent standards and quality of service to positively represent the organization;
- Understand and deliver on specific customer requirements;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Report equipment in need of repair;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Understand and practice safety in all work circumstances;
- Able to operate maintenance and construction hand tools and light equipment with the skill to satisfactorily perform the duties assigned;
- Wet Sand and Buff freshly painted vehicle surfaces while using a buffing wheel;
- Operate all vehicles in a safe and cautious manner while driving;
- Apply any waxes or sealants to protect surfaces and preserve shine, as necessary;
- Inspects craftsmanship of finish work to catch any imperfections before returning the vehicle to the owner/dealership;
- Vacuums vehicle interior to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner as needed.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future;
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years;
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years;
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment background check & drug screen;
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed;
- Punctual with great time management;
- One year of relevant experience;
- Able to safely operate motor vehicles in tight and small spaces;
- Automotive experience preferred but not required;
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record;
- valid driver’s license;
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor;
- Open availability, including weekends;
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with a strong work ethic with the ability of being a team player.