Fork Lift Operator operates fork lifts to stack and retrieve goods, supplies and materials. Responsible for maintaining inventory and for production area cleanliness. Being a Fork Lift Operator documents and maintains inventory records. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Fork Lift Operator typically reports to a supervisor. The Fork Lift Operator possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
fork lift operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a fork lift operator to join our team.
- Inventories materials on work floor;
- Unloads and stacks material by using lifting device;
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device;
- Must be able to document information as per SOP.
- Confidence, integrity and an autonomous mindset with the ability to work independently and strive to win, even in challenging environments;
- Ability to comprehend and follow work instructions and calibrate instrumentation;
- Forklift experience required;
- Shipping/ Receiving, MS Word / Excel, Outlook;
- Team-player attitude with well-developed interpersonal skills and comfort in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment;
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to conduct root-cause analysis and implement corrections;
- Mechanical orientation with the ability to solve problems and implement change;
- Manufacturing experience a plus;
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.