Logistics Clerk I provides clerical support for inbound and outbound logistical operations. Coordinates inventory management, warehousing, and transportation activities in order to optimize inventory levels and minimize costs. Being a Logistics Clerk I supports a variety of logistical functions, including sourcing, receiving, purchasing, and dispatching. Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Additionally, Logistics Clerk I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Logistics Clerk I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Logistics Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Clerk to join our team.
- Assist Operations staff with documentation collection and follow up;
- Assist Operations staff with Vendor acquisition;
- Assist Operations staff with organizing, compiling, and processing of customer and vendor information;
- Answer and direct incoming phone and email traffic.
- Professional telephone and email etiquette;
- High level of organization to retrieve, process, and report information on multiple projects;
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel;
- Ability to adapt to changing customer requirements;
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail and focus on quality;
- Must be dependable, outgoing, and positive;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and manage your own time;
- Good Listening Skills;
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service;
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace;
- Ability to learn and use a variety of software programs required for successful job performance;
- Adaptable to change;
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Inventory knowledge;
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.