Packaging Machine Operator I sets up and operates a packaging machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Fills, secures, and labels containers according to company and/or customer specifications. Being a Packaging Machine Operator I verifies goods packaged against package invoices. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Additionally, Packaging Machine Operator I adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion. Documents inventory number and weight, and organizes packages. May make minor repairs to packaging equipment as needed. May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Packaging Machine Operator I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Packaging Machine Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Packaging Machine Operator to join our team.
- Other duties as assigned;
- Loading product into the machine;
- Ensure cleanliness of production area and production machines in compliance with food safety guidelines;
- Make sure all pallets are stacked as straight as possible;
- Execute packaging in accordance with approved documentation;
- Ability to adjust the film and keep the vertical lined up at film change and during the run;
- Perform room cleaning and line cleaning;
- Ability to perform quality checks during the run, weights, seals and appearance of package;
- As a line operator, place containers on loading end of equipment or unload line by placing filled containers in boxes and palletize;
- Ability to put labels in the computer and thread the label through the label maker;
- Make sure all labels are as straight as possible when applying to cases;
- Ability to make sure all cases are presentable and sealed tightly;
- Ability to put tape on the tape machine and adjust as needed for different products;
- Maintain an orderly and clean area during all operations;
- Perform line change over, set up, start up, including data collection.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem analysis skills;
- Minimum Requirements – High School diploma or equivalent;
- Critical decision-making skills, creativity, multi-tasking ability;
- 1 to 3 years of related experience in a manufacturing facility, preferable a chemical plant;
- Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).