Traffic Control Laborer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Traffic Control Laborer to join our team.
- Records license number of traffic control violators for police;
- Warns construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers;
- Distributes traffic control signs and markers along site in designated pattern;
- Directs movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand, and flag signals;
- Gives hand marker to last driver in line up of one-way traffic for Flagger at opposite end of site, signaling clearance for reverse flow of traffic;
- Informs drivers of detour routes through construction sites;
- Discusses traffic routing plans, and type and location of control points with superior.
- 1+ years of highway / roadway traffic control experience (preferred, not required);
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions;
- Ability and willingness to maintain safety requirements at all time – REQUIRED for personal safety and co-workers safety;
- Driver License with good driving record – REQUIRED;
- Traffic Control Maintainer Certification – required (we will help get you certified);
- Work nights and weekends.