Transportation engineers plan, design, operate, and maintain everyday systems, such as streets and highways, but they also plan larger projects, such as airports, ship ports, mass transit systems, and harbors.
Transportation Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Transportation Engineer to join our team.
- Process design calculations;
- Follows our quality control process and helps ensure high caliber work products;
- Compliance with Stantec’s HSSE program;
- Designs signing, pavement markings, and traffic signals for local and state agencies;
- Delivers a wide range of projects and engages clients throughout projects;
- Performs alternatives analysis, benefit-to-cost studies, and provides recommendations;
- Assist Project managers and engineers in daily project tasks as assigned;
- Prepare contract documents including plans, specifications, quantities, and cost estimate;
- Conduct meetings/presentations for staff and clients;
- Sign final tracings;
- Expected to produce high quality design plans;
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings;
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff’s specific area of expertise;
- Serve as Project Manager for urban and rural highways, interchanges, and municipal roadways;
- May also work on storm sewer design, drainage studies, traffic studies, and other municipal projects.
- PE registration;
- University degree in Engineering with a specialization in the field of traffic/transportation engineering;
- Master of Science in Transportation Engineering or related field;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Synchro, VISSIM, or similar traffic analysis software;
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field;
- Knowledge of the Indiana Design Manual, the INDOT Standard Specifications, and the INDOT Standard Drawings;
- PE licensed in Arizona required, will consider reciprocity of license;
- Experienced with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation;
- Must be team oriented;
- 5+ years of engineering experience;
- Professional member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geo-Scientists of British Columbia;
- Preferred INDOT Certified Pavement Designer/INDOT Certified Utility Coordinator;
- 5+ years of Civil Engineering experience;
- At least one year of experience in engineering or transportation-related field.