Warehouse workers take delivery of goods and pack orders for dispatch.
Warehouse worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse worker to join our team.
- Working as a team to accomplish a common goal;
- Inspecting parts to ensure quality standards are met;
- Using electric and/or manual pallet jacks;
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment;
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store);
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship);
- Following a pick sheet or customer order sheet;
- Scanning materials into inventory;
- May perform tasks such as: cycle counts, inventory control and shelf stocking;
- Perform cleaning and general warehouse duties;
- Work with other associates loading and unloading trucks and will work in the warehouse;
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures;
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse;
- Cut open bags and pour in hopper to create specified formulas.
- Basic math and reading skills to perform job tasks and complete necessary paperwork;
- Communication Skills;
- Keep and maintain forklift certification card and CDL Class A License;
- Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems;
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods;
- Basic Computer Cables’ Knowledge Preferred;
- Basic Computer skills;
- Experience working in cold environments. (preferred);
- Able to function independently and as part of a team in a friendly and positive manner;
- Minimum 1 year warehouse experience required;
- Must be available to work overtime hours if needed;
- 6 months of similar industrial shipping, material handling, or warehouse work is required;
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division;
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs;
- Ability to lift or move heavy products.