Certification Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Certification Engineer to join our team.
- Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering project;
- Provides technical leadership to a small group of temporarily assigned engineers and technicians;
- Supports design optimization tasks (e.g. weight reduction);
- Represents the Certification and Structures team in design reviews;
- Participates in defining of engineering approaches and in planning/scheduling work;
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints;
- Performs material selection and material specification correlation;
- Administrates certification efforts;
- Compiles FAA certification documentation for submission to commercial aircraft OEM’s and regulatory agencies;
- Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects;
- Leads test activities such as Dynamic/16g Crash, Static, and Flammability;
- Reviews and approves design changes from a certification perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare and give presentations;
- Prior working experience in the aerospace industry, specifically with aircraft interiors;
- Familiarity with strengths of standard aviation materials;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively with team members and cross functional teams;
- Ability to perform classical stress analysis;
- Prior experience reviewing and approving drawings;
- Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Office Suite applications and engineering related software programs.