Hardware Engineer II provides analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for products. Develops test strategies, devices, and systems. Being a Hardware Engineer II performs stress and performance tests on a variety of computer hardware including circuit boards, processors and wiring. May require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Additionally, Hardware Engineer II typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Hardware Engineer II typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Hardware Engineer II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hardware Engineer II to join our team.
- Communicate any non-compliance incidents to pertinent parties;
- Apply prediction methods to electrical and electronic systems;
- Perform specification review;
- Hardware testing;
- Execute project sub-tasks in order to meet customer specifications (designing, testing, etc);
- Design for reliability;
- Collaborate with various engineering functional teams;
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment;
- Identify areas for technical improvement using engineering knowledge and principals.
- Experience with FPGA products and HDL languages;
- Experience designing electrical circuits for medical devices;
- BSEE with a minimum two (2) years of experience or MSEE;
- Strong technical background with a desire to learn new technologies;
- Strong communication and time management abilities;
- Experience designing mixed signal electrical circuits (including schematic capture and circuit board layout).