Associate Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Associate Technical Support Engineer to join our team.
- Manage and resolve support cases with a high degree of technical complexity;
- Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision;
- Coordinate across numerous departments while driving issues to resolution;
- Share knowledge with team members and develop customer solutions efficiently;
- Have demonstrated experience using trace analysis, debugging, and source code to find workarounds and reproduce product issues;
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and take ownership for identifying product improvements;
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork;
- Learn to use and support Talend products;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with customers or internal team members.
- Understanding Hadoop and the cloud ecosystem is a plus;
- Experience troubleshooting or debugging on Linux or Windows is required. Experience troubleshooting on Mac OS is preferred;
- Working knowledge of web service concepts and familiarity with SOAP, REST, WSDL, CXF, Camel and JMS is preferred;
- 1-3 years of relevant technical support experience is preferred;
- Understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals is required;
- Working knowledge of XML/XSD and modeling frameworks like UML is preferred;
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce is a plus;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Comp. Science or a related field is preferred;
- Working knowledge of a SQL-based Database is required. General knowledge of the database market (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL) is a plus.