Data Warehouse Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer to join our team.
- Design and implement data ETL (extract, transform, load) processes to support and extend the company’s Data Warehouse;
- Design and implement performance and scalable data storage models to facilitate analytics needs of engineers and business customers;
- Work with business and engineering stakeholders to understand their needs, and translate these into data processing and data modeling requirements;
- Leverage your advanced analytics skills to help business customers answer questions based on Quantcast’s vast and rich data set on internet activity.
- Experience with SQL, and with doing analytics on structured data in databases;
- Advanced (Master/PhD) degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related highly quantitative field (such as Math or Statistics);
- Experience with performance optimization for relational databases – including query optimization, database indexes;
- Experience working with dimensional data modeling and relational data storage;
- Experience working with data migration, data cleaning/curation, or ETL (extraction, transformation and loading);
- Minimum 1-year experience.