DevOps Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a DevOps Consultant to join our team.
- Automate the generation of alerting and notification through integrations of ticketing, paging and additional;
- Establish and measure key performance indicators (availability, responsiveness) for all technologies within scope quickly;
- Lead telemetry efforts for connected vehicle platforms by deploying infrastructure, application and cloud monitoring toolsets;
- Identify new opportunities for monitoring critical processes, optimized thresholds, alerting mechanisms;
- API endpoints Interface with broader teams and vendors for additional capabilities and requirements to create world-class visibility and pro-activity.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment;
- Minimum 2 years’ continuous integration tool experience with one of the following; Bamboo, Travis, hudson, buildbot, or Jenkins;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Experience with Java or other programming language;
- Experience in an Agile delivery environment, Cloud infrastructure environment (such as AWS) or other application/web server (such as Websphere);
- Experience scripting in shell, python or bash;
- Minimum 2 years’ code build tool experience with one of the following; maven, grunt, gradle;
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience integrating functional test automation suites (Selenium) with continuous integration systems;
- Understanding of Web Services technologies (REST, SOAP);
- Great troubleshooting skills and system architecture familiarity;
- Fundamental understanding of modern cloud architecture (VMs, Database, message queues);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field.