IT service engineers install and repair computer systems and equipment.
IT Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Support Engineer to join our team.
- Participate in ongoing maintenance of process improvements, ticket reconciliation, team cross-training and education;
- Maintain standards of information security both physically and technically;
- Provide escalation support for other members of the Corporate IT Team;
- Work with local business leaders as a business partner to enable local business growth with the right IT tools and efficient IT support;
- Work directly with other IT teams to understand end user needs for new applications and systems;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Provides guidance and assists in the training and support of technicians;
- Follow a computer build checklist to install and configure software on new computers;
- Manage the hardware asset register to ensure all hardware can be tracked and maintained;
- Customize user profiles for new employees;
- Provide IT support to local or regional users and log incidents, manage problems and requirement via ITIL service ticketing system;
- 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a multi-user high availability environment;
- Work closely with the IT Manager to identify, prioritise, and action level 1 and 2 IT support requests;
- Liaise with external partners for issues that require a higher level of support;
- Assist remote project offices with network startup/shutdown activities.
- Strong experience working with and supporting Audio-Visual hardware and software;
- Must possess a keen attention to detail;
- Strong documentation and communication skills;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment;
- Microsoft Client Products: Windows 10, Office 2016 (Mac/PC),
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills;
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field recommended;
- Experience troubleshooting or supporting Google Suite and Microsoft Office365;
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- Ability to work independently and meet delivery deadlines;
- Understanding backup and disaster recovery concepts;
- Excellent command of the English language- written and verbally;
- Experience with networking, DHCP, DNS and Wi-Fi standards;
- Curiosity and strong desire to constantly learn;
- Solid understanding of corporate desktop-computing environment including hardware, software, telecommunications, operating systems and utilities.