Senior IT Security Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior IT Security Engineer to join our team.
- Operate as a security strategist;
- Improve, build, or create new enterprise solutions;
- Involvement in the implementation of new security solutions;
- Take a lead role in the attainment/maintenance of all security-related certifications, such as ISO 27001 and FedRAMP;
- Support the CISO as required and directed;
- Devise and implement security policies and procedures. Further their adoption throughout the company;
- Participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures;
- Conducting vulnerability audits and assessments;
- Devise security solutions or enhancements;
- Monitor our systems for security events and investigate/respond as appropriate.
- Diligence in producing and maintaining documentation and evidence, especially for compliance activities;
- Experience with conducting penetration testing and participating in security audits;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in an IT Security capacity; 3 years in a lead position;
- Relevant Security certification(s) such as: CISSP, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security, and CCNP: Security;
- Strong knowledge of networks, firewalls, and security frameworks;
- Experience with monitoring for security events, evaluating and responding where appropriate;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an Engineering related field, or equivalent experience;
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems;
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity planning and testing;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with the AWS Cloud, specifically network configuration, security groups, IAM, etc.