Senior Software Tester Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Tester to join our team.
- Develop strategies for product placement, product pricing, and product delivery that will promote the company’s vision and brand;
- Implement departmental improvements and instruct employees on how to incorporate new processes to achieve superior efficiency and effectiveness;
- Research benchmarking data and develop strategic tactics to improve the overall function of the organization and gain the edge on competitors;
- Maintain an organized database detailing important analytics, timelines, and goals for reference by executives and other staff members;
- Execute occasional audits to assess departmental processes and identify potential improvements to advance organizational efficiency;
- Create product tests to determine improvements and assess effectiveness prior to public debut and release of new designs;
- Understand the technical details of the project/application/system;
- Develop test plans and user acceptance tests; and develop test data as needed;
- Execute sanity, smoke, functional, security, regression, stress/performance, and load testing based on projects, applications, and services;
- Create, execute, and automate SOAP UI scripts for Web Services testing;
- Develop, publish, and execute test cases and test scripts for complex, distributed applications throughout the project life cycle;
- Prepare and execute SQL commands to manage and verify data;
- Participate in production implementation verification.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc;
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc;
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc;
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc;
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc;
- Experience with Elastic Search and relational databases.