Sr. Middleware Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Middleware Engineer to join our team.
- Work with the DevOps and AppDev teams in setting up and managing middleware environments (web servers and java application servers);
- Escalate issues & communicate the status of deliverables to key stake holders and management;
- Facilitate agile teams delivery with high degree of focus on quality & timelines.
- Suggest on improving performance in production and other environments based on the resource usage trends, user loads, etc;
- Expertise in Performance management and tuning of java applications;
- Work with team to implement strong encryption protocols (TLS) for in-transit and at-rest data transfers and client/server communications;
- Expertise in setting up and managing micro services environments like containers, nodejs, springboot is a plus;
- Expertise in troubleshooting java applications and infrastructure problems in AWS and on premise;
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams;
- Identify the gaps and come-up with follow-up action items to avoid future production incidents/issues;
- Expertise in one or more scripting languages Python, Shell, PowerShell, YAML to automate day-to-day administration tasks;
- Collaborate with AppDev, Infrastructure, Security and build teams to set up non-prod and prod environments with high standards.