Web developers create and maintain websites and web applications.
Web Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Web Developer to join our team.
- Providing support for current customers;
- Participate in Data Center Operations including Cloud based hosting;
- Diagnosing problems communicated by clients;
- Monitoring and maintaining websites;
- Analyzing information to determine accuracy and completeness of work;
- Operating Imaging/Extraction Equipment (iTRAN, IBML, OPEX 7200, OPEX 150);
- Lead organizational efforts to position the Institute, and create compelling narratives in support of the organizations mission and goals;
- Design and implement game logic and interface with the data services;
- Responsible for the development and design of web applications and components;
- Maintain our web presence;
- Maintain, expand, and scale our site as assigned;
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices;
- Expected to remain conversant with new web programming technologies and be prepared to undergo training in said technologies as circumstances dictate;
- Other miscellaneous projects as assigned;
- Design, code, test, and implement web sites and applications, for either internal or external uses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Possess a basic understanding of PHP;
- At least one (1) year in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts;
- Strong organizational skills with a good ability to prioritize tasks;
- Knowledgeable in using MongoDB as a storage medium;
- 2+ years of professional web development experience using Python and/or Django;
- Experience working with version control systems;
- BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- 10+ years of development experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field;
- 5 – 10 years of experience;
- Familiarity with Git (Github/Bitbucket/Gitlab);
- Diversity content refresh (school-wide and MBA-specific);
- Experience with Rust, Python, PHP, Perl;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.