Water Resources Project Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Water Resources Project Engineer to join our team.
- Conducts analytical reviews or assists in the analyses/planning/review of water resources engineering projects assigned to others;
- Prepares hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, supporting documents, and permit applications for private and public works projects;
- May perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned;
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities for a project with other disciplines and departments within Galloway;
- May mentor and train less-senior water resource engineering and support personnel;
- Upholds Galloway’s values and standards by understanding and responding to client needs while providing quality consulting services;
- May assist the project manager in preparing the water resource team’s budget, policy implementation, contracts, and other administrative tasks.
- Performs in a disciplined and thoughtful manner within a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and maintain a high-performance level in a fast-paced, accountable environment;
- Possesses knowledge of approval and permitting processes for Water Resource projects;
- Demonstrates technical writing skills for reports and letters;
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills in directing and completing assigned work while effectively managing multiple projects;
- Understanding of principles, practices, codes, and standards in the field of Water Resources Engineering;
- Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS, MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Preferred candidates will have experience with;
- Preferred certifications include Certified Floodplain Manager, TxDOT Certifications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to convey engineering information concisely to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or ability to become registered within six months of employment;
- Stormwater software proficiency with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (steady- and unsteady-state);
- Develop cost estimates and conduct quantity takeoffs for planning and design projects;
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate with other technical experts, engineering design teams, offices and sub-consultants.