Paramedics respond to emergency call-outs and give people life-saving medical help.
Paramedic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Paramedic to join our team.
- Collection and interpretation of diagnostic data, coupled with clinical decision making, with the goal of promoting and restoring patients’ health;
- Provide an immediate course of treatment en route to hospital or at the scene;
- Positive interaction with members of the public and family members present at the scene;
- Clean, decontaminate, and check vehicles and equipment to maintain a state of operational readiness;
- Safely operating emergency vehicles in high-stress situations, within a variety of responses and road / traffic conditions;
- Interact with the community under the premise of promoting prevention and wellness;
- Perform routine maintenance of EMS equipment;
- Performs other duties as assigned or required;
- Completes required documentation according to regulatory standards. (15%);
- Participate in committees as assigned;
- Ability to provide basic first aid, prevention care, and guidance in treating a variety of common illnesses/injuries;
- Attend events including ambulance standbys, community meetings, and other community events as assigned;
- Ensure all sharps are secured, accounted for, stored and disposed of according to institutional and national policy;
- Non-patient care assignments as outlined by the Daily Shift Responsibilities procedure;
- Other duties as assigned.
- AHA Basic Life Support Certification;
- Possession of California or National Registry of Paramedic license;
- State of Indiana Paramedic Certification;
- Must obtain local accreditation through CCEMSA (Central California Emergency Medical Services Agency) within three months of appointment;
- Physically Able to Perform Job Duties;
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License;
- AHA Advanced Life Support Certification;
- Current certification from Texas Department of Health as a Texas EMT Paramedic;
- Must have graduated from an accredited EMT-Paramedic school or program;
- A minimum of one year experience as an EMT- Paramedic required;
- EMT-Paramedic Certification from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Division of Health Services;
- The completion of an EMS approved paramedic course, and licensure from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Division of Health Services;
- Maintain a valid Texas driver’s license and good driving record;
- Shall maintain current certification as an EMT-Paramedic with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT);
- Current Advanced Cardia Life Support (ACLS) certification.