Medical Laboratory Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Laboratory Technician to join our team.
- Performs patient testing recognizing factors affecting results, including differences in sex and age;
- Advises the Lab Manager of malfunctioning equipment, maintenance problems,and any unusual situations, occurrences, conditions, or reactions;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- Ability to work independently, within established guidelines to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and apply problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a multitasking environment and display technical skills a various stations throughout transfusion services;
- Skill in using several different computer systems, including work processing, dedicated LIS/HIS etc;
- General knowledge of laboratory terminology, equipment, material, techniques, regulations, and safety;
- ASCP MLT certified;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions accurately, and operate and maintain standard laboratory equipment;
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role;
- Requires graduation from an accredited MLT program;
- 1 year of experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician in an integrated healthcare environment;
- Good phlebotomy skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to work under stress in a variety of situations;
- Associates degree in Medical Technology;
- Demonstrate good manual dexterity;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment;
- BLS certification.