FPGA Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a FPGA Design Engineer to join our team.
- Participating in FPGA development, simulation, debugging, and improvement processes;
- Researching and analyzing design concepts, processes, technologies, and/or products;
- Production of technical specifications, functional designs, and project documentation;
- Implementation of FPGA design (Synthesis, Place & Route, and Timing Closure);
- Participating in FPGA design production release cycle (quality assurance, rollouts, maintenance and bug fixes);
- Contributing to FPGA design and architecture decisions.
- Experience with FPGA design languages and tools including VHDL and UVM or OSVVM;
- Altera High Level Synthesis is preferred;
- BS Electrical Engineering, MS degree preferred/
- Experience with Modelsim, Quartus, Mentor CDC a plus;
- Experience with FPGA engineering concepts, principles, and theories;
- Expertise using VHDL for implementation and verification of FPGA designs;
- Minimum 5 years experience with FPGA design, verification and validation;
- Experience with FPGA SoC, including Avalon and AXI architectures;
- Experience implementing IP blocks based on interface requirements and designing the required interface logic to overall FPGA architecture;
- Experience with architecting and implementing embedded processors including NIOS.