The Risk Management Operations Manager initiates policies to comply with safety legislation and industry practices. Develops and administers risk-management and loss-prevention programs. Being a Risk Management Operations Manager acts as the liaison to attorneys, insurance companies and individuals, investigating any incidences that may result in asset loss. Researches and reports on the most cost effective plans to minimize asset liability. In addition, Risk Management Operations Manager reviews and analyzes risk management programs for the effectiveness of coverage and to reduce costs and losses. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Risk Management Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Risk Management Operations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Operational Risk Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operational Risk Manager to join our team.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and key first line of defense contacts at varying levels within the organization;
- Monitor and govern adherence to assessment program elements;
- Support risk teams with ad-hoc deliverables and investigations;
- Create, edit and manage multiple facets of risk reporting;
- Execute processes and deliverables that support internal team governance processes;
- Providing the first line of defense with guidance relative risk assessment programs;
- Test controls and track issues;
- Provide reporting on assessment results;
- Manage, implement and deliver on a subset of the program deliverables;
- Manage tasks and activities related to risk management initiatives;
- Provide excellent service to both business partners and the ORM organization.
- At least 3 years of experience using Google Suite or Microsoft Office products;
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) or DRI BC (Business Certification);
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience;
- 1 year experience or proficient experience creating and maintaining information in Google Suite Products (Slides, Sheets, etc.);
- At least 5 years of experience in Project, Business Process, or Risk Management;
- At least 2 years of experience in Project, Business Process, or Risk Management.