Principal Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Developer to join our team.
- Collaborates with Technology teams in other areas like Payments, DDA systems, Customer Master, Rate Server, NEXEN;
- Development of the Virtual Accounts module;
- Participate in the deployment of the enhanced Liquidity Management solution and the development of interfaces;
- Knowledge of Payments and or Liquidity area including SWIFT is highly desirable;
- Collaborate with the sector Architect and Enterprise architecture Review Board.
- Strong Analytical Skills, Able to comprehend and dissect a problem;
- 8+ Java Development / Spring (Batch/Integration) experience at a Financial Firm (preferred);
- Appreciation for non-functional requirements: performance, scalability, testability;
- Some experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment practices including automated unit/integration/regression tests, Jenkins, Maven, etc…
- Must have strong deductive reasoning & diagnostic problem-solving skills;
- Willing to work with Third Party Collateral Management Tools;
- Experience in Messaging Technologies – MQ/Kafka preferred;
- Previous hands on experience coding and building enterprise level applications;
- Excellent problem-solving techniques;
- Working knowledge of branching techniques and usage of Github, Bitbucket or Subversion required;
- Great written and verbal communication skills, responsive and proactive;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance;
- 10-12 years of experience in software development;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required;
- Good understanding of frameworks such as: Activiti, JPA, JAXB, Hazel Cast.