Principal Software Engineer (.net) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Software Engineer (.net) to join our team.
- You drive architecture decisions to advance the platform technology and improve development velocity, quality, performance, and security;
- Author SQL Server database schemas and stored procedures;
- You design and implement critical libraries and services used by over 180 cloud microservices;
- You learn from the team, identify the challenges they face, and propose technical and process solutions that alleviate those challenges;
- Demonstrate and evangelize best practices for coding and team processes;
- Review code and provide feedback to improve code quality;
- Write correct, well-factored code that is testable and maintainable, and that demonstrates best practices;
- You collaborate across services, UI, DevOps, and data functional areas to ensure unity of technology evolution;
- Advocate for the right tools for the task at hand;
- You provide technical thought leadership for the development team;
- You help define the p latform team roadmap;
- Write and groom stories to define, estimate, and track your team’s work;
- Employ technical and thought leadership to drive products from inception to release;
- Contribute to enterprise and platform architecture roadmap and implementation;
- Balance engineering costs of development, testing, deployment complexity, and run-time cost, to deliver optimum value for the business and customers.
- BSCS or related discipline;
- Very little or no travel is required in this role.