Senior Manager, Software Development Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Manager, Software Development to join our team.
- Recruiting and mentoring a team of exceptional software developers and user experience designers;
- You’ll balance business demands with product needs, and optimizing the performance of your team;
- Leading a team of software developers and architects to implement digital and analytics products;
- Familiar with implementing user interface using modern frameworks such as Polymer, Vue.js, and Angular;
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and Continuous Deployment technologies;
- Expertise in Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement;
- Leading a software engineering team to build, operate, improve and support cloud and enterprise applications;
- Expertise in software architecture design;
- You’ll ship industry-leading software—on time and exceeding quality expectations;
- Expertise in supporting production systems and software;
- You’ll execute your product strategy with agility and passion.
- You understand exactly why your previous software projects shipped on time, or why they were late, and what could have been done better;
- You’ve been responsible for shipping a product that people love;
- People who have worked for you say you’re one of the greatest managers they’ve ever worked for, and want to leave their jobs to work for you again;
- 3+ years of experience working and leading teams in agile software development, scrum master certification is a strong plus;
- 3+ years of experience working as a software development manager or a Technical lead;
- Ability to be hands-on in code development activities;
- Working knowledge of software and cyber security is a strong plus;
- BS in Computer Science or related field; MS in Computer Science or related field preferred;
- 10+ years of software development experience, with a strong focus on mid-tier, IoT, and cloud architecture;
- 3+ years of experience with connected products;
- Strong working knowledge of modern web and mobile technologies.