Software Support Manager oversees software support staff. Manages department budget to ensure goals are met. Being a Software Support Manager establishes and maintains relationships with engineering and software development. Provides advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve technical problems. Additionally, Software Support Manager researches, reports and corrects any quality assurance issues. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Software Support Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Software Support Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Software Support Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Support Manager to join our team.
- The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal;
- The employee may be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs;
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear;
- May be required to travel at least 15% of time based on business needs;
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.);
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals;
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment;
- Ability to communicate and exchange information;
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data.