Wireless System Test Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Wireless System Test Engineer to join our team.
- Collaborating with automation engineers to scale, improve and maintain testbed operations;
- Executing test plans for new features before they ship to customers;
- Working with third-party vendors to test bug fixes and new driver patches;
- Executing wireless testbed operations to test products and software before market launch;
- Supporting our firmware engineers in executing test cases, understanding test results, reproducing and investigating bugs.
- Experience in creating and executing manual and system-level test plans;
- Working knowledge of core network protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, etc;
- Knowledge of 802.11 wireless standards, channels and specs on 2.4GHz and 5GHz;
- Have effective communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with others;
- Experience in analyzing Wireshark packet captures (wired and wireless) to troubleshoot and identify root cause of issues;
- Technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer networking;
- Experience in analyzing system-level test results and identifying red flags within a test.