Electrical Systems Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Systems Engineer to join our team.
- Design with a focus on scalability, manufacturability, and functional safety;
- Design and support the electrical and embedded compute system development of Embark’s self driving trucks;
- Work cross-functionally to ensure functional requirements and hardware designs meet the needs of all the teams within the organization;
- Establish QA methodologies and processes for embedded hardware designs;
- Keep up to date on automotive and HPC market trends;
- Own the design and validation of automotive PCB and interconnect systems from the component selection through vehicle integration;
- Perform make vs. buy analysis for electrical subsystems and work with vendors to implement buy components where practical.
- Experience in design, development, and testing of DAL level C/Dproducts using DO254 and DO160 standard (or equivalent military specification);
- Experience in preparing design and test documentation and status reports;
- Manage an Engineering Project, controlling cost, schedule, and technical risk;
- Conceptualize, analyze, design, and oversee semi-complex systems level architecture design;
- Develop Electrical Schematics;
- Design and Build a computer board from Hardware to Circuits;
- Assist with verification and validation tasks;
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Create functional allocations of electrical systems and sub-systems within a vehicle architecture;
- Advanced knowledge of applicable DOE Orders and Federal Standards;
- Create & maintain device, communication and voltage topologies and requirements;
- Advanced knowledge of design, construction, and operation of laboratory facilities, and engineering principles and practices;
- Develop electrical system architecture;
- Collaborate with peripheral System Engineer(s) to define connector terminals and seals, regarding gauge size, plating requirements, etc;
- Identify, gather and submit Individual and Full Load Survey Requirements.