The Senior IT Auditor determines and recommends improvements in current standards and the implementation of system changes. Evaluates data processing systems and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy, and security. Being a Senior IT Auditor requires a bachelor’s degree. Provides management with results of audits on applications, systems, and programs. In addition, Senior IT Auditor typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior IT Auditor contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior IT Auditor typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior IT Auditor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior IT Auditor to join our team.
- Meet timely targets for assigned projects;
- Provide consulting services to internal audit customers to include leadership;
- Develop skills to lead audit engagements to include coaching of other auditors;
- Work with internal audit customers to develop corrective actions plans;
- Prepare and review workpapers within TeamMate EWP;
- Leverage automated data analysis tools while planning and conducting complex audit assignments (i.e. TeamMate, SAP, ACL, Tableau etc.);
- Contribute to the annual risk assessment and development of the audit plan for assigned businesses or corporate staff groups;
- Review and draft audit findings, draft audit reports and present to management;
- Complete customer interviews to include; observing, testing and documenting;
- Identify process improvement and cost savings opportunities;
- Develop knowledge of IP policy, procedures, and internal control concepts and identify best practices;
- Lead Internal Audit initiatives as directed by the Audit Lead Team;
- Conduct audit fieldwork in accordance with department standards;
- Plan, document and conduct complex audit assignments and projects;
- Managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge and experience in performing audits of technology projects and programs (SDLC reviews);
- Experience auditing and evaluating infrastructure, cybersecurity risks/controls and auditing operating systems;
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm or within industry;
- Prior experience focusing on information technology systems;
- Must be effective at communicating issues through written reports, verbal discussions and presentations;
- Preparing written reports of completed audits and presenting results to Management;
- Certifications preferred including (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA);
- Working knowledge of internal control analyses and risk assessment methodologies, Federal Financial Institutions;
- BA/BS degree in MIS, business, finance or a related field; or the equivalent in education and work experience;
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills in order to work with all levels of management are required;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines;
- 7+ years of Information Technology and/or IT audit experience;
- Ability to travel regionally up to 20%;
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, in both written and verbal formats;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.