Cognos BI Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cognos BI Developer to join our team.
- Provide technical support for the maintenance and development of MOCS reports and dashboards in IBM BI;
- Manage requests and/or components of larger projects with appropriate documentation and status reports;
- Develop enterprise reports or ad hoc analysis based on defined requirements for projects in IBM BI.
- Strong knowledge of python (pandas library experience preferred) and java;
- Excellent analytical, organization, presentation and facilitation skills; ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of testing tools and techniques and executing test scripts to test performance;
- Knowledge of database administration, repository management, and data warehousing practices;
- Proficient with BI, including Facts, Dimensions & various Schemas supporting them;
- Strong knowledge of database back-end systems, including SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012;
- Familiarity with New York City’s data share platforms, including Open Data (DOITT’s DataShare) (FMS, PIP, VENDEX, APT, HHS Accelerator);
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- Strong Knowledge of XML technologies (XML, XSL, XSD);
- Hands on knowledge of SOA, PKI, web services, Enterprise Service Bus technologies;
- Ability to write complex SQL statements using SQL / T-SQL. Experience working with complex SQL and its variations (such as PL/SQL) is an asset;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field.