Engineer IV provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems. Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. Being an Engineer IV recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Has extensive engineering knowledge and is considered an expert in one or more engineering specialties. Additionally, Engineer IV requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Engineer IV is a specialist on complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group. To be an Engineer IV typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
Engineer IV Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Engineer IV to join our team.
- Reviews Engineering Work Packages (e.g. TGIs) related to project;
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems;
- Ability to work as part of team of managers and technical personnel and support multiple projects;
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach;
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected;
- Good technical judgment and some independent evaluation, originality and ingenuity are expected ;
- Reviews/answers/approves Engineering Change documents (e.g. CRs, LARs, DFSs) related to project;
- Uses team management skills to lead the design or production engineering group during various phases of a project or availability;
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others;
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, and SUBSAFE requirements;
- Reviews/approves Engineering designs, models, drawings and calculation packages;
- Capable of developing and leading a program based on structural design and inservice evaluation;
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule) and exercise good judgment;
- Directs and supervises the activities of moderate to large size teams of engineers, tech writers, designers, and drafters;
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Understanding of current activities related to demand response and carbon reduction strategies;
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment, including California Title 24, Part 6, and utility/third party energy efficiency programs;
- Understanding of advanced residential and commercial building mechanical systems and controls;
- Experience with distributed energy resources, load shifting, and utility energy efficiency programs;
- Understanding of statistics and sampling design.