Hadoop Admin Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hadoop Admin to join our team.
- Understand File/Directory permissions, identify violations and related impact analysis;
- Build Zeppelin dashboards, Automation using Shell/ Python/ Ansible scripts etc;
- Identify, Install & Configure Tools/ Sanity Checks/ Diagnostics required to monitor clusters health;
- Troubleshoot Job Failures, do RCA & identify permanent fixes;
- Import /export/ copy data from HDFS to HDFS / Relational Database Systems/ File system and vice-versa.
- Good to have Scala, Sqoop, Zeppelin;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field;
- Intermediate level of knowledge on UNIX/Linux/AIX/Windows OS;
- Python, Oracle, Ansible, Unix Scripting, Splunk, Java/ J2EE;
- At least 3+ years experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team;
- Should have a technical and business mindset;
- Experience in working with Db2 UDB, Oracle DB s, MYSQL and Mongo DB is preferred, DML/DDL SQLs and Store PROCs;
- At least 4 years experience with ETL Processing and Batch jobs;
- Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous;
- Exceptional in handling scripting language (Shell script, Perl, Python, bash) and expertise in automation;
- Intermediate level of experience for Kakfa, Zoop keeper architecture and integration;
- Experience with Service Now and ticketing workflows is preferred.