Help Desk Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Help Desk Engineer to join our team.
- Must possess a common-sense approach to troubleshooting problems;
- Provide fast, friendly support to all members of the company, many of whom are on a deadline;
- Resolve complex problems that require in-depth analysis and troubleshooting;
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware problems;
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, malware/spyware scans, and anti-virus software;
- Setup and configure Windows 7/8/8.1/10 desktops, laptops, and Surface Pro equipment;
- Develop solutions and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved;
- Ability to multitask on day-to-day tasks and larger projects;
- Embrace our core values: Can do attitude, Reliable, Positive, Collaborative, Initiative;
- Effectively communicate necessary technical and non-technical information to customers in a simple and concise manner in person, phone and e-mail;
- Be focused on providing superior customer service;
- Provide technical support to customers and employees;
- Responsible for troubleshooting client facing technical issues;
- Reliable transportation required, applicants will be required to drive to client locations at times;
- Will be expected to be put into an on-call rotation.
- Experience with Continuum, Auvik or other network monitoring system is a plus;
- Associates Degree in MIS or CS or equivalent experience is required. Bachelor s Degree in MIS or CS or equivalent experience is a plus;
- One or more Technical Certifications in any of HPE, Aruba, Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Palo Alto, Barracuda highly desired;
- Experience installing, configuring and testing of workstation, server hardware and Mobile Devices;
- Experience with Salesforce Service or other ticketing system is a plus.