IT technical support staff diagnose and solve software and hardware problems for computer users.
IT Helpdesk Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Helpdesk Technician to join our team.
- Open tickets, troubleshoot problems, and diagnose issues to resolve them and close tickets;
- Provisioning of computers and hardware;
- Provide technical assistance, support and training for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware;
- Setup and manage end user accounts with Office 365 Administrative Tools;
- Support and maintain company printers, TVs, dashboard computers, audiovisual (AV) equipment, etc;
- Help maintain an active inventory of all hardware;
- Assist with the upkeep of conference rooms including maintenance of tablets, TVs, phones, cable management, etc;
- Contribute to IT documentation;
- Work as liaison for end users regarding software break/fix and general training on expected use of IT systems;
- Document technical requirements, usage procedures, and common problem fixes;
- Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices;
- Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components;
- Program and monitor AV for various events.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals;
- Ability and desire to organize hardware and documentation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Passion for learning about all aspects of computers and hardware;
- Interest in troubleshooting and researching unfamiliar problems as they arise;
- Strong time management skills, able to multitask and set priorities;
- Previous experience in a customer service role;
- 1 year of troubleshooting experience in either Windows/Linux/MacOS;
- H.S. Diploma or GED.