Lead frontend engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead frontend engineer to join our team.
- Be a major technical contributor. You will redesign UI’s and implement new UI’s for internal and external facing products;
- You’ll start new projects and evaluate tools and processes you want to bring to our stack or engineering organization;
- Providing technical leadership to a team of cross functional engineers and be accountable for the technical decision making for your team;
- Receiving close guidance and mentorship from our engineering managers and leads, as well as code reviews from your peers;
- Experimenting. Owning the A/B testing process, associated metrics for success and helping shape the experiments that will drive the business forward.
- Demonstrated aptitude for architecting and implementing scalable, performance oriented front-end code;
- A working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and TDD;
- 1+ years experience leading a small team of frontend engineers, mentoring junior engineers or other technical leadership;
- 4+ years of programming real world applications, production support, and operations;
- 3+ years’ experience of working as a Software Engineer or relevant experience;
- Experienced in React, ES6, Node.js;
- Significant experience in developing web applications using at least one popular library or web framework, such as React, Ember, or Vue.js;
- Experience in documenting requirements and specifications;
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology and continuous delivery release processes;
- (Optional) Typescript knowledge a plus;
- Excellent Debugging Skills;
- Good experience in designing interactive applications and with test-driven development;
- Experience with testing frameworks and building unit and integration tests.