Lead Gameplay Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Gameplay Engineer to join our team.
- Design and architect new game systems;
- Promote best in class standards for code designcolor development, debugging,optimization, testing, anddocumentation;
- Activelyparticipate in recruiting and onboarding new talent to your growingteam;
- Refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project;
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers for feature development;
- Coach, mentor, and motivatedevelopmentteams to reachproject goals on timeand produceexcellent quality gaming experiences;
- Lead the gameplay programming team.
- Strong debugging skills;
- Experience with network game client/server architecture;
- Experience with multi-threaded programming;
- Code to clearly defined performance and memory usage specs;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Solid architecture, system design, and analytical skills;
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude;
- 10+ years of software development experience;
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (Windows, PS4, Xbox One);
- Excellent programming skills/experience in C++
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code;
- Strong communication skills;
- 2+ years of lead programmer experience;
- Excellent 3D math skills.