Microsoft Systems Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Microsoft Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Ensure compliance with IT security requirements and policies;
- Ensure reliable monitoring and alerting for systems infrastructure;
- Identity management on platforms using Azure Active Directory and Active Directory Domain Service;
- Develop and deploy Group Policy objects that optimize the org’s global security posture as well as enhance end user workflows;
- Design, deploy, and maintain a hybrid multi-forest Active Directory infrastructure using industry best practices;
- Resolve support tickets as they’re escalated from other teams;
- Implement and support the integration of applications into a centralized SSO infrastructure using OIDC and SAML protocols.
- Provide subject matter expertise in troubleshooting all issues related to the Windows server infrastructure;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Maintain and administer operating systems, server security and Microsoft services;
- Available to work off-hours to perform maintenance or in case of emergencies;
- Investigate and resolve application problems and enterprise monitoring alarms;
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain server systems hardware and software;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in System Administration;
- Identity management tools such as Quest Active Roles, Adaxes, Windows Admin Center;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- Effective time management and organizational skills;
- Familiarity with MDM/MAM platforms such as Intune and Jamf;
- Multi-forest/multi-site AD architecture and troubleshooting;
- Learn from and educate your fellow team members;
- Strict adherence to company processes, change management and other procedures in accordance to regulatory requirements;
- Develop technical designs and estimates to meet the business needs while supporting the company’s overall IT direction and standards.