Principal Cloud Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Cloud Architect to join our team.
- Technical seller – Drive sales pipeline, progression, and OCI platform consumption;
- Ability to walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance;
- Extensive background in architecture, implementation, and delivery of real-world business/mission-critical systems;
- Management consultant – Develop and present business cases, revenue models, industry trends, competitive differentiators, and go-to-market strategy;
- Commitment, compassion, technical curiosity, and relentless pursuit of practical knowledge;
- Hands on skills with CI/CD and build automation tooling (Chef, Terraform, Ansible, etc.);
- A strong understanding and practical experience in planning and delivering cloud migration projects from traditional on-premises deployment models;
- Strong understanding of traditional monolithic and cloud-native application frameworks;
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, TOGAF, Zachman, OpenCA, ITIL, Cobit, Prince;
- Leadership presence – Inspire confidence and quickly establish connection, credibility, trust, and influence with customer CEO to developer;
- Regulatory compliance frameworks and applying new techniques to meet security and governance in public cloud architectures;
- Wide-area and datacenter networking design, protocols, and implementation;
- Open to travel as required.
- Bachelors Degree and 6+ years of work experience;
- Willingness to travel 80% – Monday through Thursday domestically with the fifth day at home;
- 5 years of experience in a Cloud Engineering role as one of the pioneers in PaaS and IaaS deployments;
- Extensive experience in multiple operating systems – UNIX, Windows, LINUX;
- BS Degree in CS, Statistics, Physics, Math, Engineering, etc;
- Expertise in troubleshooting very complex distributed environments, including following stack traces back to code and come up with a good root cause;
- Willingness and appetite for continuous learning;
- Strong experience (5+ years) with Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud Platform and all supporting technologies;
- Commitment, compassion, technical curiosity, and relentless pursuit of practical knowledge.