Quality assurance managers make sure a company’ products and services meet and maintain set standards.
Quality Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Quality Manager to join our team.
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals;
- Communicate with suppliers and vendors to obtain raw materials and/or equipment;
- Manage and supervise workers in quality assessment tasks;
- Make safety a priority at all times;
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development;
- Conducts risk analysis for products under development;
- Ensure global QMS meets customer and industry standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, Automotive, etc.);
- Implement, maintain, and improve FSMA, GFSI (BRC/SQF), FDA, USDA, and GMP certified programs;
- Preparation, review, and submittal of first article inspection/ PPAP packages;
- Proactively seek to reduce risk within the plant;
- Develop, implement and monitor the Stars Program and Plan through a complete understanding of the CMS technical specifications;
- Act as point of contact with customers, regulatory, and government agencies on all quality related issues;
- Supervision of Quality and Non-Destructive Testing on product to determine if product meets specifications;
- Lead the new launch team for smooth launch following APQP process and ensure timely PSW submission and approval;
- Utilize problem solving skills and methods (DMAIC, 5Y, PFMEA, fish bone analysis, etc) to permanently resolve existing or potential quality issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field;
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a changing environment;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects with track record of successful project completion;
- 13+ years management experience in manufacturing environment;
- Proficient negotiation skills;
- Decision making and negotiation skills, individually and within groups;
- Experience in the NCEP and CAPA process including department process management and documentation;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, or equivalent combination of technical training & experience;
- Must be able to think, write and communicate clearly and logically;
- Engineering degree is preferred;
- Repair station environment required;
- Ensure our rockets are made to the highest quality standards;
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience;
- Are you a Senior Quality Engineer?
- 5+ years of experience in a quality role.