Senior Development Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Development Engineer to join our team.
- Validation and verification of complex life science instrumentation;
- End-to-end workflow development involving precious sample handling, microfluidic-based workflow development, and workflow automation;
- Contribution to the invention of core intellectual property (from conception through validation), white papers, and external publications;
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot complex electromechanical, optical, and micro/nanofluidic instrumentation as well as robotics;
- Ability to excel in a team-first, supportive work environment, and can clearly articulate ideas, problems, and solutions;
- Familiarity with cell/tissue culture, cell-based assays, and microscopy platforms; working knowledge of modern molecular and cell biology techniques;
- Ability to thrive in early stage technology development with demanding schedules and deliverables;
- Would enjoy the opportunity to foster relationships with customers and enable new capabilities with transformative technology;
- Programming experience in a language such as Python, Java, or MATLAB; exposure to object-oriented programming;
- Experience in the theory, design, and development of microfluidic systems.
- Proven success working across teams/ organizations in a matrix environment;
- Experience with microLED design and fabrication;
- Experience with sem iconductor device design and fabrication;
- Deep understanding of semiconductor device physics;
- Experience with LED /optoelectronic device design and fa brication;
- Fluency in design of experiment methodology and statistical analysis;
- Experience with III-V semiconductor device design and fabrication;
- Ability to travel internationally (anywhere from 5-10% ).