The UI Developer I gathers requirements, creates specifications and develops code. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support a graphical user interface for products and programs. Being an UI Developer I has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field (i.e., C, C++ language programming, XMotif programming interfaces and GUI API packages). Designs and writes codes to support existing applications. In addition, UI Developer I typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. Being an UI Developer I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as an UI Developer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
UI Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a UI Developer to join our team.
- Define the WEB APIs necessary to support the UX;
- Apply client-side design approaches that enables applications to be scalable on the dimensions of data and users;
- Ensure client-side product quality by doing comprehensive UI testing with automation;
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Solid understanding and experience with Object-Oriented design and development;
- Build enterprise class web ERP application using Angular, Java, Spring, Hibernate;
- Implement new user interfaces from UI mockups;
- Participate in internal testing to identify problems early, perform error and stress scenarios, and tuning for performance;
- Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems;
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end;
- Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms;
- Must have a thorough understanding of web technologies and web architectures;
- Developing Wireframes, site maps and process flows for site architecture;
- Support development and redesign of public facing website for services.
- Experience with a Design System;
- Experience applying design patterns to develop and support web pages that run on multiple browsers including mobile/handheld devices;
- Has worked on large global agile development projects;
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain an EOD clearance;
- Gather requirements and translate them into elegant UI design;
- Ability to cut necessary visual assets from PhotoShop and/or Sketch files, and optimize them appropriately;
- Bachelor s degree in interactive development or computer science is a plus;
- Experience working in Linux environments is a plus;
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, creative thinking and leading change;
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).