Pipe fitters install industrial pipework, valves and pumps in factories, commercial premises and large buildings like power stations.
Pipefitter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Pipefitter to join our team.
- Threading and ending pipe by hand or with pipe bending machine;
- Planning sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and cutting pipe;
- Assembling and joining piping by means of threaded, chalked, wiped, soldered, brazed fused, or cemented joints;
- Any welding experience is a plus;
- Experience brazing and sweating copper is must;
- Install and run copper, PVC, CPVC and cast-iron pipes;
- Complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards;
- Clearing pipe systems of obstructions and testing their functionality;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Planning pipe system layout, installation or repair according to specifications;
- Securing pipes to walls and fixtures with brackets, clamps, and welding equipment;
- Using a variety of tools to modify pipes to specifications;
- Inspecting the workplace, clearing obstructions and preparing materials and equipment;
- Ordering required materials such as pipes, hangars, brackets, hydraulic cylinders, etc;
- Studying blueprints and planning pipe systems and related equipment installations.
- Drug free at all times;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings;
- Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths;
- Ability to fit welded sockets;
- Proven experience as a Pipe Fitter;
- Carefully check all job site deliveries for accuracy and/or damage;
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to run all related job site equipment including excavating equipment;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation;
- Able to read and interpret job contract and specifications with little supervision;
- Meet state licensure requirements;
- All candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug screen and background check;
- Your safety is a big priority so this assignment will require steel toe shoes or boots;
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills and an ability to work independently.