Montessori teachers help very young children to grow in confidence, and learn at their own pace.
Montessori Teacher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Montessori Teacher to join our team.
- Be responsible to acquire the 6 hours of in-service training required annually by the State of Ohio;
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met;
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth;
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement;
- Participate and prepare for two parent evening meetings;
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children;
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files;
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards;
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences;
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment;
- A strong understanding of child development;
- Montessori Certified;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills;
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.