Lifeguards look after swimming areas, help swimmers to stay safe and carry out rescues in emergencies.
Lifeguard Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lifeguard to join our team.
- Scans their whole area of coverage;
- Enforce rules and regulations in a safe and fair manner;
- Parks in team member designated areas;
- Supervise swimmers to ensure that they are swimming within the safety protocols;
- Ensure that all pool equipment is stored safely and that any lost items are kept in a safe place;
- Spot hazards or potential hazards and take measures to prevent accidents;
- Check safety of rescue devices and perform or request needed maintenance;
- Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures;
- Teach swimming techniques and safety education to new swimmers;
- Adhere to risk management and safety practices as outlined by the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA. Protect the safety of all participants at all times;
- Maintain alert and professional on the lifeguard stand and is prepared to respond to aquatic emergencies using rescue techniques and equipment;
- Clear all swimmers from the water in any type of emergency; medical, environmental, etc;
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities;
- Maintain continuous surveillance of people in the therapy pool, lap pool and spa of the Aquatic Center;
- Inspect the aquatic facilities prior to each shift, and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the aquatic supervisor(s) on duty.
- Must have current Lifeguard certification;
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications;
- Red Cross Lifeguard certification preferred;
- Safety and customer service oriented;
- Age 16 with work permit;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Minimum age of 16 years old;
- Follow correct opening and closing procedures;
- CPRo (1-year expiration), First Aid, AED;
- Must be at least 16 years old;
- Find and secure your own substitute when needed. Leave a note or message to let the supervisor know of the change;
- Maintain a clean deck at all times. Walk around the pool and pick up garbage and throw it away;
- Remove a dive brick or training manikin from 12ft of water;
- Availability to train during the months of March, April, and May is required;
- Demonstrate RESPONSIBILITY, RESPECT, CARING & HONESTY towards members, guests, coworkers and supervisors at all times.