Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) – Per Diem Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) – Per Diem to join our team.
- Coordinate patient care among the hospice team for an assigned case load in a designated territory;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Make home visits as needed to hospice patients during scheduled work hours.
- Reports to work and patient homes promptly as directed;
- Assures the continuity of quality patient care delivered;
- Identifies deviations from normal Nursing and normal patient condition status. Initiates appropriate actions based on the deviation;
- Abides by company policy and procedures as outlined by company policy manual;
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payor;
- Meets minimum productivity requirements based on agency standard;
- Documents medication regimen and updates medication profile according to established procedures;
- End of Life experience beneficial, although we will train the right individual;
- Telephone triage experience preferred;
- Demonstrates competency in all levels of home health nursing practice;
- Maintains current knowledge of, and promotes compliance with all federal, state and local regulations;
- Demonstrates commitment and professional growth;
- Reports unsafe condition to the appropriate Clinical Supervisor and physician in a timely manner;
- Makes revisions to the plan of care in response to identified patient care issues and notifies the Clinical Supervisor;
- Participates or communicates in patient care conferences offering clinical suggestions and updates of patient’s progress towards goals.