Massage therapists manipulate clients’ muscles and soft tissues, treat sports injuries, and give relief to people with health issues.
Massage Therapist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Massage Therapist to join our team.
- Interviewing clients to obtain information about contraindications, and examining skin to evaluate suitability of treatments;
- Design custom sessions based on client’s individual needs;
- Maintaining product knowledge to promote and sell spa and salon services, and retail products;
- Partner with and assisting other associates to promote spa services and achieve department goals;
- Maintain documentation of treatment records of clients;
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest service issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner;
- Maintain records as required by federal, state, local and company regulations;
- HIPPA compliance;
- Massage cash paying patients;
- carry out a half-an-hour light fitness training with the guests on the Sun Deck (or in the Fitness Room in case of bad weather) in the morning;
- Provide sensitive attention and response to client’s comfort levels for pressure and touch, and shall not cause bruising with any regularity;
- Perform only those services for which you are qualified and which represent your training and education;
- Ensure guest comfort and safety throughout the treatment;
- Duties delegated by Spa Manager;
- Educate clients on treatments and expectations.
- Social perceptiveness;
- State licensure to practice as a massage therapist;
- Willingness to obtain City and County licenses;
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts; some weekends and holidays required;
- Experience working in a medical facility a plus;
- Ideal applicant will have at least two years experience;
- Capable of at least deep tissue, swedish and sports massage modalities;
- Flexibility to be cross-trained in other spa functions/services preferred;
- Passion for adding new skills to your toolkit;
- Other great benefits Compensation;
- 401(k) Retirement Plan;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and guests orally and in writing;
- Dexterous and able to stand for extended periods;
- Comply with local and state licensing laws and regulations;
- Prenatal massage certification and experience with lymphatic drainage is a plus.