Food Science Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Food Science Technician to join our team.
- Must be an US citizen or permanent resident;
- Keep current on consumer trends in Appliances, cooking, and food preferences;
- Initiate test and data acquisition, document results, and write reports;
- This position will be working in a typical scientific or food lab environment;
- This position may require occasional weekend or evening work;
- Interpret test results and provide advice/counsel to Engineering/Marketing to ensure exceptional product performance;
- Maintain supplies, environment, and consumables to meet lab policies;
- Assist engineers in creation/modification of test procedures.
- Good food instincts, cooking skills;
- Attention to detail and time management skills to multitask to meet schedule;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Strong understanding of cooking products operation;
- Knowledge and aptitude related to food testing techniques and equipment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Analytical approach to testing;
- Experience in appliance or food testing and evaluation required.