The Chief Data Officer designs, develops and maintains data warehouses, data stores, customer relationship management and other business intelligence systems to ensure they meet organizational requirements. Directs and oversees the development of organizing, storing and analyzing hardware/software strategic information and operational/production data. Being a Chief Data Officer typically reports to top management. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Chief Data Officer manages a departmental function within a broader corporate function. Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Chief Data Officer typically requires 8+ years of managerial experience.
Chief Data Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Data Officer to join our team.
- Possesses working knowledge of US technology and processes;
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence and work with people across a complex organization;
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills to work with people across multiple Segments and business units.
- Possesses well-developed emotional intelligence, motivational, professional, and leadership qualities;
- Exceptional analytical thinking problem solving, planning, organizational, and leadership skills;
- Exceptional ability to drive change, influence and motivate others both at the team and executive level;
- Exceptional understanding of organizational business objectives and how data program aligns to support their achievement.