DevOps Cloud Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a DevOps Cloud Architect to join our team.
- Continually identify opportunities to optimize the existing cloud utilization practices of SmartBear and help create plans to implement them;
- Participate in design activities and provide hands-on technical expertise to engineering teams with the adoption of cloud services;
- Communicate and share cloud strategy and best practices to all engineering teams at SmartBear;
- Share practical, real-world learnings about the behavior of cloud services to help engineering teams avoid pitfalls both straightforward and obscure;
- Establish and document standards and best practices around the utilization of cloud services;
- Develop strategies and plans to drive adoption of cloud best practices;
- Remain informed on new AWS and cloud technologies and identify creative opportunities for their adoption within SmartBear Products.
- Work independently to complete implementation projects;
- Collect requirements and develop cloud-native applications;
- Use modern software development and DevOps practices;
- Advise on Cloud DevOps best practices;
- Identify and implement best-practice solutions to client requirements;
- 3+ years’ experience architecting cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, Google, Etc);
- Ten (10) years or more SDLC, infrastructure and operations experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines;
- Experience architecting software-as-a-service solutions;
- Ability to function with autonomy and demonstrate influence;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree;
- Excellent knowledge of cloud architecture best practices, including security and disaster recovery;
- Experience with hybrid on-premises and software-as-a-service products;
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and apply abstract enterprise and technical architecture concepts.